How The Photo Shot Went and All The Planning
We decide on some areas around campus that would be considered great photoshoot areas. With our models, we planned to go during class after the sun just came up, but we hadn’t planned for what was going to happen. A fire drill occurred at the beginning of our class period so we didn't have as much time as planned, also the weather in Sarasota decided to get cold so it was difficult to get photos when we all just wanted to go inside. We got to the entrance of the football field and got a long shoot of a "college girl" type photo. So I wanted to make the photo like she’s going to graduate soon, and she’s happy to be free. We took some photos of her jumping to give off a happy sense, and I had brought in a graduation cap that was my sisters last year. I had to get the composition right too because of the arches, which make no sense in the photos. I ended with a nice depth of field with the background focusing on Remy. Because spring and flower wouldn't make much sense for a college magazine, so to make it more like a college magazine I brought in the hat, so it could be like graduation and college things are happening. The backup photo for the spring look didn't come out how I imagined either and it just looks dumb and makes no sense, so I plan on not using this one at all.
The background was the most difficult part of this particular photo since it was a cold day and the weather was gloomy and grey color. I was hoping for a sunny day that would make for a good background. I will have to go in and change the background to make the other colors stand out more. As I was playing with a cover example after the photoshoot, I realized its hard to get the right background color as in the magazine color. So I'll have to find a good palette of color to go with the theme and color. Also, I might need to make the cover a complete picture and zoom it in. Now I'm thinking of an article to pair with the photo and get that anchorage between the two.


Comments
Post a Comment