More Examples of Other Magazines


These magazines are bright and colorful, and as you can tell they are spring editions from very well known magazines.  As I was looking for examples, for spring magazines I came across these and these ended up being great examples for how I can do my cover photo. They use a big house style and it really puts their name out there, with ours it can't be too big because it has a couple of simple additions that I'll have them added in, making the masthead probably smaller. I also am planning to do a slogan, and it looks like they don't have one so I could easily still make it similar but make it my own.

They have a lot of big words and buzzwords to attract reads and get a sort of responds from their consumers. One is a teenage magazine and the other is more mature so it's like the pinkies go along with the teenager looks of the first one and another thing I notice has words that are straight forward and simple. Then the teenage one had a theme color they were going for making it bold, but a little too much pink can become too much for a reader to handle. Then the other one is Morden with white letters and big letters to highlight the main article and smaller ones to just advise what the magazine is also about. Basing off these two examples I'll want to go for middle combustion of the two and have it fun and still have it for teen readers, but also since we are now going for a college magazine we will go with fewer buzz words and keep it professional and not too girly.

Comments